• font sizeA
  • A
  • A


Since fall of 2019 we have been working with the Carman-Dufferin Planning District and utilizing their services for building permits, planning permits, etc. This partnership has been working well and as such we are preparing to begin the process of amalgamating with the Carman-Duffeirn Planning District. We will be hosting open houses in the near future to present plans on this amalgamation. 

A building or development permit is required for ALL construction being done within the R.M. of Grey whether it is residential, commercial or farm. Permit fees will be DOUBLE if construction starts before permits are issued.

Permit applications will be done by the Carman-Dufferin Planning District office. Once applications are prepared, they can be sent electronically to applicants or the R.M. of Grey office for signing. Payments can be made at the R.M. of Grey office as well.

For any building or planning related questions or for permit applications please contact Kim at 204-745-2443 or planning@townofcarman.com

Do I need a permit?

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Permits

Grey-St. Claude Planning District Development Plan 

R.M. of Grey Zoning By-Law

Village of St. Claude Zoning By-Law